Old 05-04-2006, 03:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Javier - your new JD

"KCnRichmond" wrote in message

Oil has nothing to do with it. I just don't trust the kids they have
setting these machines up. Check to make sure there is enough and that
they did not overfill.

Kids.. What kids? JD's are post delivered by an actual JD mechanic on
site. A 10 point inspection is done and their local JD dealer sticker is
put on the tractor for you to call with any problems. Everything else is
assembled by an "assembly" kid at the store level, which can be from just
the seat to seat , steering wheel, and battery.

I'm not that gullible. And I doubt if an "actual mechanic" is putting the
oil in these things. But I did have an "actual mechanic" overfill my new
Jeep at the local dealer a couple years ago. Our "local JD dealer" is about
20 miles from the store.

But you bring up a good point. If some "assembly kid" put the seat on and
it's riding stiff I'd check to see if the seat is attached correctly.