Old 05-04-2006, 02:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default WATERHOUSEA FLORIBUNDA HEDGE

In article .com,
"jpd1009" wrote:

The same plant???
I dont know...i think more investigation is required, if they are then
my short list is even shorter!!!

What about Elaeocarpus reticulatus (Blueberry Ash)?

Another pretty small tree rather than a shrub, I think. Note the trunk to 2m
on this information page:
http://www.metrotrees.com.au/treehan...us-reticulatus
..html

It does say that it *can* retain foliage to the base, but this isn't a given,
and again it grows to 10m. I suggest looking for "large shrubs" rather than
"small trees".

Your Council may (and your local Australian Plants people will) have a list of
local native plants; if you are lucky, with basic descriptions. It's worth
hunting for the locals; they are usually very tough.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue