Old 05-04-2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default What to do with un-planted bulbs?

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I bought a heap of spring-flowering bulbs, tulips mainly, last year and
never got around to planting them. They are all still in the bags they
came in and some have started to shoot. Is it too late to plant these
now? Is there a way I can store them (without planting) until next
season? We're talking about 200+ bulbs here, so something that's not
going to take a lot of time would be best. TIA...

Cheers,
Steve.

Best thing to do is plant them, with the understanding that most won't
bloom. You could also pot them and pay close attention to those pots in hot
weather, but you said "less work"...