Old 05-04-2006, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk

Default Which of the 3 would you go with for privacy fence?

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:48:54 -0500, "Dan J.S."
wrote:

I am looking at the following 'rapid' growing plants/shrubs

Autumn Olive
Red Mulberry
Russian Olive

I live around Chicago - zone 4

I need to have something that grows very fast - as a privacy fence. All
these will be 2 foot high when I plant them.

Thank you in advance!

Autumn Olive and Russian Olive are considered noxious in
some states. You may want to check before planting them. If
you don't already have them in your neighborhood, everyone
else soon will have them too. They are
_darn_near_impossible_ to get rid of. Don't even think about
these unless they are already present close by.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b