Old 05-04-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tumbleweed

Default Hibernating wild strawberries

"Martin Magnusson" wrote in message
om...
I grew wild strawberries (the small kind) on my balcony last summer. The
plants are supposed to be perennial, so I simply took the box inside and
let the plants and soil stand in the basement over the winter (without any
water or light). What are the chances that they will start growing again if
I just take them out again in the spring?

You'll find out, but they would likely have done better if you'd left them
out, they may well need winter cold.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com