Old 06-04-2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Help for an orchid novice

Thanks for the help Tom. So when the the plant isn't blooming it will
grow leaves? I had another orchid once that flowered for a long time,
looked great and then suddenly died. The flowers died and then the
leaves turned yellow. At first I thought the plant had gone dormant
but now it sounds like it just croaked.

I hope that doesn't happen this time.

In general how long is the none blooming season? Is it at any
particular time of year? Do I feed it even if it isn't blooming?

I know there is LOTS of info on the Web but I have a very bad back and
can only spend a limited amount of time on the computer. Asking
questions seems to be the most efficient way for me to get help on
this.

Thanks again.

Jane