Old 05-04-2006, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.mc

Default need help for a sloping garden

I think a down hill skier would be more suited to this property, wowzer!!
that is slopey.I think some kind of terracing would be a better option, but
would the initial cost be effective?

--
Regards
p.mc

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "pleb" contains these words:

Hey greenfingers

I have quite a large garden ... which sounds nice ... but it is all on a
slope. The slop varies between 30 - 45 degrees in places :-(

I am trying to sell my house .. but all of the viewers are saying "The
garden is an off put".

Face the fact that many people make a hobby of viewing houses without
the slightest intention of moving. Other daydreamers insist on viewing
property which is beyond their financial means; or, hopelessly
unsuitable for their needs.They haven't the social skills to just look,
say "no thanks" and leave; they make up some damn silly face-saving
excuse instead.

I had a couple reject ours because the (totally enclosed, 4 acre)
garden contained what they identified as "an unacceptable hazard to our
2 yr old".... a wooden telephone/powerline pole . They pretended that
the child would attempt to climb it, and after he shinned up the first
vertical smooth 15 ft, he would then ascend another 20 + ft on the
linesman steps and fry himself. Another couple, having driven 60 miles
to view, told me crossly " 60 miles is much too far for us to commute
to work ".

Don't waste time and money trying to change the essential location/
nature of a house on a slope. Instead, think up and promote the
advantages..."a birds-eye view", or "not overlooked", or "
free-draining and safe from flooding".

Janet