Old 05-04-2006, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Seedlings to pots?

JennyC wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

JennyC wrote:
snip

I tend to plant stuff like parsley and basil in large pots where they stay

and
that seems to work for me.

But not one parsley or basil seed to a pot, presumably?
Sacha

No. Seed sprinkled sparingly onto the soil. I then leave them to get on with it

But that's just it. Several seeds which turn into several plants,
happily absorbing water and nutrients at a fairly even rate per new
plant. *Several* plants in one pot. Not one seed on its lonely ownly,
being drowned by far, far too much water for its needs.
That's why little plants are potted on and on and on. I can
understand the OP's question but I can also state without equivocation
that no nurseryman will waste paid workers' time, cost of pots and cost
of compost to pot plants on from seed tray to 7cm pot to 1 litre pot to
2 litre pot etc. etc. if he or she could get away with planting e.g. a
tomato seed or a tiny cutting in a 1 litre pot and leaving it there.
I wish!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk