Old 06-04-2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Ground moles

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

Seriously tho', ever considered bird netting? It's cheap enough.

I did do bird netting one year. I had a couple of mouse suicides, at least
it looked that way because the mice were hanging from the net. I'm serious
about my cat doing a good job protecting my berries. My bushes are next to
the back deck where my cat likes to hang out. There were a couple of
redbirds that made a run at the bushes, Tesla shot off the deck like a
rocket and got both of them.

Ooh, I hate to see redbirds killed. :-( They are so beautiful.

But, I generally feel that only stupid birds get caught by cats so it's
good for the gene pool.
--
Peace, Om.