Old 06-04-2006, 07:58 AM posted to rec.ponds
Altum

Default Pond Leak anyone?

~ janj wrote:

2. Add about 1/4" of water to get the level just above the leak.
3. Put some milk in a spray bottle.
4. Find where you think there is a leak, or systematically work your way
around the pond edge.
5. Squirt a little milk in the water where you think the leak is.
6. If the milk simply dissipates, the leak is not there. If it is drawn
through the side, you have your leak.
7. Remember to do this at each rate-of-loss-change point, as you may have
leaks at each level.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have a leak somewhere in my lined
barrel and it's eluding me. I'll try the milk test.

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com