Old 06-04-2006, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JB

Default need help for a sloping garden

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 21:59:00 +1200, "George.com"
wrote:

"pleb" wrote in message
.uk...
Hey greenfingers

I have quite a large garden ... which sounds nice ... but it is all on a
slope. The slop varies between 30 - 45 degrees in places :-(

I am trying to sell my house .. but all of the viewers are saying "The
garden is an off put". I have put some photos of the garden he

http://www.certifiedgeek.co.uk/wp-co...garden1024.jpg 1024 x 720

or

http://www.certifiedgeek.co.uk/wp-co.../garden800.jpg 800 x 600

The photo doesnt show how steep and slopey the garden is, but it is.

I know most people say Terrace - but this would still be a big job.

Planners
have declined permission to build on it aswell.

Any further idea?? No matter how extreme?

Thanks in advance

Simon

do you have on site covered parking? The bottom corner of the section looks
ideally placed for a garage. If this was cut into the hill that would give
you a starting contour in which to terrace of landscape around. It will cost
$$ however.

I have an arrangement like that at my pad. The advantages are that it
levels the front garden to some extent and increases the provacy from
the road side. The major down side is that the garage is perpetually
damp inside, so if you go down that route you will need to consder
tanking the garage or provide draining channels inside the garage to
remove water penetrating the rear wall.