Old 06-04-2006, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default slugs help

George.com wrote:
when I am out in the garden I am always on the lookout for slugs and snails
and cull them as I find them. The last slug hunt found a few grown
slugs/snails and a few very young ones. A kill as find process has kept them
under control round my garden.

Indeedee. Now is very much the time to stop the tiny lil' slugs to turn
into huge specimen, and I salt massacre en masse every evening. It's
the best way. Afer 3 weeks of hunting by torchlight, which is in itself
a very good exercise, picking the big ones and putting them in a bucket
of salted water, I'm fairly confident that I've got most of them and
only then I put beer traps around the garden and can relax )