Old 06-04-2006, 07:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default What Are You Feeding & Where are You Buying Your Koi Food This Season?

~ janj wrote:

I don't think any of us here on this newsgroup has a koi in the 50 year
age range, that they've raised in a garden pond setting. When someone
does, that's the person who will get my attention. I bet we find out it
comes down to not just processed food, but quite a bit of natural whole
foods too. ) jmo, ~ jan

On the side of the cheap-food feeders, there's the argument that nobody here
has a koi in the 50 year age range :-)

I've never lost a koi to disease or starvation. I don't intend to fatten
them up on expensive food just for the sake of the Herons and Raccoons :-)
(I doubt anyone would ever accuse me of overfeeding, either).
--
derek