Old 06-04-2006, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default does coffee deter slugs

undergroundbob wrote:
All in all, not really worth the hassle unless you have absolutely
mountains of grounds to use up, like if you owned a coffee shop or
something.

Funny you said that. I worked in Sheffield a few weeks ago and the
local Starbucks gave me almost a ton of the stuff to take with me. They
had a basket full of coffee grin asking customers to help themselves to
add to their compost bins.

Now all Starbucks give the stuff away for free. Make sure you bring
buckets with you because they only have huge plastic bags and I had to
decant about 1 ton of it into smaller bags.