Old 06-04-2006, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JB

Default Comfrey

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:56:52 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Judith Lea contains these words:

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes

Not only is Bocking 14 sterile, it doesn't spread by runners, and is
also one of the largest forms of comfrey (at least 3ft tall with huge
leaves). I've grown it for decades and it stays right where its planted,
producing massive crops which I harvest all summer for mulch, making
compost, and making liquid fertiliser.

Any chance of a picture of it Janet?

Not at this time of year. In winter it disapears below ground and is
barely poking through yet. But if you remind me later in summer I'll
send you one.

Janet

I thought comfrey was used as a ground cover and green manure over
winter?