Old 06-04-2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell

Default How do you keep track of your orchids?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:07:20 -0700, Jack wrote
(in article . com):

I am trying to compile a eletronic tracking log of all my orchids
including pictures of the blooms, problems, culture and comments in
word and I was wondering if anyone had a simpler way?

Jack

P.S. Cordelia Head of J & L Orchids gave a great presentation last
night at the Alaska Orchid Society meeting on minitures. Now I have
another five more to document, but the nice thing about them being
minitures is that I have space to fit them. (Leptotes Bicolor,
Masdevallia exquisita, Aerangis citrata, Angraecum eburneum, and a
Odontoglossum seedling, I won as a door prize)

Hi, Jack -
I know there is software out there specifically for the purpose, but I've
been very happy with a database I constructed in Appleworks. If you're not
lucky enough to be using a Mac, you could probably create something similar
with MS Word, though I was completely mystified by Word Help in trying to
figure out how to form a database. If you'd be interested in seeing the
layout of mine, e-mail me at tbmdREMOVETHISatmacdotcom, with appropriate
alterations of the address.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70