Old 06-04-2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis

Default What Are You Feeding & Where are You Buying Your Koi Food This Season?

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:13:05 GMT, Altum wrote:

Koi-Lo wrote:

My NR can't tell who this is addressed to as it's under Jan's but the quote
is from my message. I have between 20 and 25 koi that are up to 6 years
old, about 120 year old koi (that are being delivered this coming week) and
probably 50 goldfish of various sizes and ages. That's why we buy our feed
in 50 lb bags. Last year they and all the fry went through about 100
lbs of
feed. We have a long feeding season here in TN, from mid/late March to
late
Nov or early Dec.

120 koi? Wow. Where are you going to put them all? Are any BF koi?
Yellow BF koi are my absolute fave, with orange a close second. :-)

I thought you had ordered some really old koi. I was going to ask how
long koi lived.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Stings like a butterfly, floats like a bee