Old 07-04-2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Default What Are You Feeding & Where are You Buying Your Koi Food This Season?

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:15:11 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:
snip
I don't think any of us here on this newsgroup has a koi in the 50 year age
range, that they've raised in a garden pond setting. When someone does,
that's the person who will get my attention. I bet we find out it comes
down to not just processed food, but quite a bit of natural whole foods
too. ) jmo, ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Perhaps not, but I do have two koi and a few white amur that were
placed in the pond back in early to mid 80's and are doing just fine?
I have to think that a natural pond and chepaer food is more of a
better deal than a liner type pond and cheaper food would be. I can
probably in all reality, get by without feeding anything to the fish
at all and they would do just fine, but that takes a wqay a lot of fun
and getting them to be so frieindly. Oh and corn, well, my babies
would have to dissagree on that too, as many a time I set out by the
pond and share a lage bag of Popcorn with them, often times popping a
bag just for them..They like the cheese flavored or the extra butter
flavor best.
--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....