Old 06-04-2006, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stanley

Default Muscari / Grape hyacinth - How to kill?

Hello fellow gardening people.

To those of you who love them and pamper and feed them...... Sorry.

Yes, they do have got nice blue flowers.

BUT I have got several beds infested with thousands of them and they are
trying to take over the whole garden. Digging them up is nigh impossible as
the bulbs are 1 - 5 inches into a fairly heavy soil. Even though I stop them
seeding each bulb has oodles of bulblets clustered round it which each forms
a new plant when they drop off ....... which they do ..... a lot..

Does Roundup go off? I tried spraying them with it the other year with no
effect. I have a bottle of the concentrated Roundup that is a few years old.

Please, please, please does anybody know what will kill them?

Can you let me in on the secret before I go mad.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"