Old 07-04-2006, 06:23 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default What's your pond landscaping project this season?

Just a few annuals to fill in the bare spots, or some major landscaping?
Anybody have it just the way they like it and wouldn't change a thing?
I am almost done adding the evergreens for the backdrop. It is so good
to get back to pond and gardening after a long winter.

Pretty much doing the same o same o here. We went thru 3 years were money
was really tight. Now that things are better I'm trying really hard not to
slip back to old habits, which in the end just increase my work load.
Basically my plan is to spend money on things that decrease it. So the
current plan is put a double (55 gallon) barrel filter on the lily pond and
start making use of the bottom drain & skimmer, already installed.

Today I divided the lilies in there, always a chore, so I'm glad I got that
done. I think if I were to add any new hardy lilies, I'd be looking for
those that rarely make babies. Used to be that's how I supported my pond
habit, but now days, having a "real" job, I want to just enjoy my ponds,
not work myself to death around them. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a