Old 07-04-2006, 11:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Shredding & blowing peat moss on lawn?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Mama Bear" wrote in message

Can someone please answer my original question, without going off
on tangents like this? Thanks.

Your original question was:
"Someone was telling me that they can use a shredder-blower to shred
peat moss and spray a think layer of it all over your lawn after
putting down grass seed, then you water and it helps keep the
moisture in and start the seed so it doesn't dry out."

"What do they call the blower that can do that and what do they
usually cost?"

No one seem sable to tell you what the blower is called, nor what they cost,
as no one has actually heard of this process being used to mulch grass seed.
Moreover, no one actually seems to think it will work and/or is worth
trying, myself included. Why do you not go back to the person who told you
this information and quiz them further?

rob