Old 07-04-2006, 01:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
CanadianCowboyİ

Default New underwater lighting test: Rope Light!

Gareeeİ wrote:
Seems to be a success! I would need 3 for around the inner edge of the pond,
so I connected 3 together. Each plug is supposedly water tight, and there
are no holes in this type of rope light. (They are also low power super
bright lights). As a precaution, I also added silicon sealer liberally
around each plug, before plugging them together.

I dunked them into a galvanized tub for the test, and plugged them in, and
they look to be fine.

I'll let them soak overnight, and then run the test again, in case there is
any leakage.

Assuming they work, I'll put them into the pond, and put some decent sized
rocks around the edge bottom, to keep them somewhat around the bottom edges.

We did this with a small clear mini pond (large tuppeware link storage
container), and they worked fine for at least 2 years, before we removed the
whole thing to move. That same old lightstring turns on every night without
fail or leak for the last 3 years now as well.

(Those little 4 watt "egglights" don't really add much light at all in the
pond at night.)

I'll plug these into the timer that runs all the night lighting, so they are
only burning for 4 hours or so each night.

-
Gareeeİ
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Do you have link of where you purchased these lights ?