Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Pruning and Dividing Anubias

In article . com,
wrote:
Is there a general rule of how much rhizome to remove from an anubia? I
want to split my larger one, but I want to make sure to leave enough
rhizome/root/leaves to make sure it survives the division.

The rule is, cut the growing tips off when they have about 6 or so leaves.
It'll keep growing and mnaking new leaves while the older bit has to
regroup, bud, and send out a new shoot.

Also, the anubia recently had two blooms, once the flower has
deteriorated, should I remove that stalk? I know with land plants this
is commonly done...

Yeah.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net