Old 07-04-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareeeİ

Default New underwater lighting test: Rope Light!

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message

Do you have link of where you purchased these lights ?

Yep.. Target.com.. I bought them with this intention during the after
Christmas clearance sales. I think I spent a total of $9 on 30 feet of
ropelight, and you can actually connect 300 feet together in this brand!

They were generically blue boxed, and look for ropelight without vent holes
along the sides. Basically you want a long sealed tube. They have watertight
caps at the ends, and if you remove these, then you plug the next strand
into that plug. Even the power cable can be unplugged from the cord.

I think nce the pond water clouds a little, I'll like them more, because the
rope light gives off a kind of glow around the inner edges of the pond. (2-3
feet deep here)

I'll probably use an egglight on a submerged rock, and point it up at the
gargoyle spitter, so he stands out at night.

We are also still planning that waterfall, and will probably put an egglight
at the bottom of the fall in the pond pointing stright up, to highlight that
as well.

--
Gareeeİ
(Gary Tabar Jr.)