Old 07-04-2006, 04:01 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

Default New underwater lighting test: Rope Light!

wrote in message
after just draping them in the pond I decided I didnt like looking right
at them. I
like the illusion of the light sorta coming from everywhere. Ingrid

If the water is crystal clear, they you can actually see the ropelights, but
once it clouds a little, from either algae, or just sediment kicked up, you
do get that cool glow effect.

For a REALLY cool mini pond effect, get a large (like galvanized tub or
larger) clear or opaque plastic storage bin. use 1-2 strings of ropelight,
and wrap it around the outside of the container. Duct tape that in place.

Dig a hole, lower that into the hole, and the add edging, or plants inside
the pondlet.

At night, because of the clear frosted plastic, the whole mini pond will
just glow, and if you choose green or blue ropelight, it looks just awesome!

It's a night cheap "accent" type of thing.

I tried it with a kiddie pool, but the lights aren't bright enough to be
seen through.

BTW, what ever happened to that guy who was going to have a small gas driven
fire pit in the center of his pond?

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)