Old 07-04-2006, 10:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default To Bag- or not to bag?

wrote:
Steveo said:

wrote:
Steveo said:

Clippings aren't thatch. Thatch is part of your growing grass plants,
so no, you're not bagging won't really contribute to your thatch
layer.

Sorry, but the above statement is only partially correct. While it's
true that "clippings aren't thatch", it is untrue that they won't
contribute to the thatch layer.

Just curious as to your background in turf grass management, if you
don't mind providing that information. Please don't take that as any
type of flame. I really am only curious.

I take care of my grass.

Ahh. That must make you an expert, then.

You're so smart about grass, show me where grass clippings are thatch,

There you are again, with the "clippings are thatch". Again, that's not
what I said.

The OP asked if not bagging would add to his thatch layer, and you said:

:Yes, very much so

Again I ask who gave you the bum steer? Thatch ain't clippings. Are you a
bull head or what?