Old 08-04-2006, 01:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default To Bag- or not to bag?

Artemis said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
There you are again, with the "clippings are thatch". Again, that's not
what I said. I explained how they can *contribute* to thatch, in my reply

Clippings do not contribute to thatch any more than snowfall contributes
to a pile of dirt.

Of course they do.

Thatch is the layer of undecomposed and partially decomposed plant
material, tightly interwoven with living tissue between the soil surface
and the green vegetation. This is *including*, but not limited to,
clippings. If lawns are mowed regularly, so that no more than 1/3 of the
leaf height is removed each time, there's no need to bag.

That was my only point. If you feel that's incorrect, that's totally on
you, but you would be the one that was wrong. There are more factors to
consider than just the desire to bag or not.

Never fear, I'll waste no more of my time trying to convince you what
contributes to thatch. You obviously don't understand, or can't comprehend
it.

--
Eggs

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?