Old 07-04-2006, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default The late Christopher Lloyd

I would love to have seen that picture. It's quite a trowel in the bucket
to have that treasure.
madgardener
"Mike" wrote in message
It was with great sadness that we have only just learned of the death of
Christpher Lloyd of Great Dixter. Whilst we did get a sort of newspaper at
sea, we were in the middle of the Pacific heading towards Hawaii on
January
27th and this was not reported.

Having read the account at Great Dixter, may I bring to the readers of
this
newsgroup's attention, that Christo put his holdings into a Great Dixter
Charitable Trust to keep the house and gardens going. Details on
http://www.greatdixter.co.uk/

Sorry if this did in fact come up whilst we were away, but who knows,
someone else may not have read it. And if they were as impressed by
meeting
the old man as we were, they will want to keep his memory alive. Joan has
hers of him taking her into the potting shed whilst we were there ;-))

Mike