Old 08-04-2006, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default tree preservation order

In message . com,
writes
Hi Please help

I have a oak tree in my back garden which has a tree preservation order
on it. Every five years or so the neighbours apply to the council to
trim a bit more off. It is making the tree top heavy as they keep
taking more branches off. Some times illegally and without permission.

Have you spoken to the neighbours about your concerns?

Permission I believe has been granted again to carry out work, is there
anything I can do to complain vigorously against there actions.

Have you spoken yet to the council Aboriculturist/'tree dept' etc.?
That is obvious first stop.

AIUI, while people can cut back overhanging tree's on their property,
there is something in the law about not damaging or making the tree
unstable etc.
--
Chris French