Old 08-04-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts

Default tree preservation order

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:56:53 -0700, beddy2005 wrote:

Hi Please help

I have a oak tree in my back garden which has a tree preservation order
on it. Every five years or so the neighbours apply to the council to
trim a bit more off. It is making the tree top heavy as they keep
taking more branches off. Some times illegally and without permission.
Permission I believe has been granted again to carry out work, is there
anything I can do to complain vigorously against there actions.

Thanks

How about maintaining the tree yourself so it doesn't get 'top heavy' and
also doesn't cause your neighbours problems?

Why should your neighbours suffer because of a tree on your property?

Without the tree preservation order they would be quite within their
rights to remove anything overhanging their property without seeking
permission; you obviously have the right to have the trimmings returned to
you if you so wish.

You may detect a certain lack of sympathy from this direction.

Cheers

Dave R