Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
BAC

Default squirrels

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

I had said that I was convinced that grey squirrels hybernated in the
winter,
I'm begining to wonder whether that is the case, I, nor my neighbours

have
seen any but there is some evidence that they have been feeding, unless
some other animal has discovered the squirrels hoard of walnuts!

AIUI they don't truly hibernate - they sleep during the coldest periods,
but get up and forage for food on any warm days

That had been my understanding of the situation, prior to Alan's previous
posts. Perhaps he has Secret Squirrels (that dates me!) after all?