Old 09-04-2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default What Would Be Normal Rate of Surface Fall?

Moments before spontaneously combusting Davy at
was heard opining:

I have recently moved into a house and have found a butyl-lined pond
at the bottom of the garden with very little water in it. I have
filled it but find that the water level is falling. Not being
experienced with ponds I cannot tell if this is normal evaporation or
a leak.

I'm in the USA and when the weather is damp here, there is little
evaporation. In dryer sunny breezy weather it can be an inch a day. But
this also depends on what's running in the ponds. A water fall or spray
fountain may cause more evaporation.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952