Old 09-04-2006, 03:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default To Bag- or not to bag?

Nicole said:

here in CA, there's a big difference between horticulture and grounds
management. in fact, grounds management for golf courses is a vocational
certificate.

Big difference here, too. But, most Supers that I've worked for had degrees
from major universities, in their field.

Most of the guys on the grounds crew work just that; the course itself, and
aren't really interested in horticulture. Horticulture is totally separate,
but both are still under the Superintendant. About the only time we
actually cross jobs, is if there's a large sodding project or renovation,
I'll give them a hand. And, when it comes time to cut down the ornamental
grasses strewn all over the course, they'll give me a hand (with the full
crew, including seasonal staff, this can take almost two full weeks). I
think I get the good end of that deal, heh. Of course, after this season's
severe storms (I'm near St. Louis, Mo), we've all spent the majority of our
time with the mundane task of limb and other debris removal. :/

I'm definately ready for some more stable weather.

--
Eggs

Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?