Old 09-04-2006, 05:30 AM posted to alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dale Henderson

Default Lowering ph

"Koi-Lo" writes:

Moments before spontaneously combusting Dale Henderson at
was heard opining:

"Koi-Lo" writes:

"netDenizen" wrote in message
.. .
Finally, others have explained that you should let a glass of
tapwater stand for 24 hours before testing pH, because it may change
due to outgassing etc.
Ours does. It goes from 7.2 to as high as 7.6 after several hours.

I got you beat. My comes out of the tap at 7.0. But if I run an
airstone in it for an hour it goes over 8.

They run CO2 gas in the lines to help keep scale down. At least
that's what I was told.

I have a well. Well water is notorious for being full of C02 and for
being very hard.