Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default White fly

ForeverArsenal wrote:
Hi
Often lurk on this group but seldom post but now need
a little help.
Have a 12ft x 6ft leanto greenhouse at rear of the house
facing due south,each yr I do a dozen tomatoe plants
in pots plus other seed//plants.

Last year I was plagued with white fly on toms and fuchsia
plants despite constant spraying with any of the following
(not mixing of course)

Bio sprayday
Bio longlast
Sybol
plus having several of the yellow sticky strips hanging about.

White fly started again this year on the fuchsia plants that were
over wintered and at this time I've started spraying with Sybol
(third time this this year in last few weeks) gets rid of them for
a week then notice them again.
Doing just as recommended on the packet.

So anyone with other methods or cures for the sods ??
been told marigolds in pots will help,also garlic cloves ??
anyone please.
--

Try these people and the spray they sell. Then introduce Encarsia and
keep doing so through the season. Whatever you do, don't lose your