Old 09-04-2006, 03:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Algae control with mainly bacteria and salt?

"Gareee©" wrote in message
"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

Sounds like they've come up with yet another unnecessary product to
*sell* to pond-keepers. ;-) Just my opinion of course.

I dunno.. I really enjoy his show, and he's always had some excellent
advise and tips.

First they sell us UV lights to kill algae, free swimming parasites and bad
bacteria. Then they sell us bacteria! How did people keep ponds over all
these eons without all these products? I suppose if you think you may need
them there's no harm in adding them. I don't use salt in my ponds because
of all the plants and personally, I see no need for it. But here again,
it's whatever works for YOU. :-)

--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952