Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jay jay

Default leaves first or blossom on plum tree

Hi, I'm a bit confused - I planted a young plum tree last autumn and its
coming into leaf right now - but my other plum tree has just produced loads
of blossom - no leaves yet. My apple tree however is coming into leaf - no
blossom yet. Could it be that the plum tree I thought I purchased is in
fact an apple tree? could someone explain why some fruit trees produce
blossom first then leaves, or vice versa, or am I suffering blossom
blindness?!

jayjay