Old 09-04-2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jackie Brown

Default container plants

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Jackie D" wrote via Gardenbanter, not direct...

I want to buy some plants suitable for containers that are in a
sheldered spot near the back door of a terraced house.

I love hostas but snails get them. I was thinking of planting a variety
of bulbs but the pots look ugly when the plants die back. Can anyone
offer suggestions?

Sorry to be a pain but by sheltered what do you mean?
Sheltered from the sun? the wind? the rain? the North?
Please explain and we will be able to make an informed suggestion.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Have you tried putting vaseleine around the tops of your pots? The slugs
should slide right off

Jackie