Old 09-04-2006, 09:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

Default Algae control with mainly bacteria and salt?

"Snooze" wrote in message
et...

Realize that the almost every show on HGTV is really an advertisement,
they're an endless series of product placements. At least when you watch
powerblock on SpikeTV, they're upfront about getting all their parts from
JEGS.

I'll respectfully disagree.. I watch quite a number of shows on HGTV, and
while some are self serving, the majority IMHO, as good informative shows
without product brand affiliation.

In the show I mentioned, a skimmer, the bacteria and a pump were mentioned,
however there were no brands mentioned at all, and there were no commercials
related to the products shown in use.

Even in the webpage about the show, no links are provided to vendors, or
even online retailers.

Some shows, (specifically craft shows) do seem to be advertising slated, but
in many of those cases, they are using new crafting products that would be
difficult to locate without product naming.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)