Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Can anyone answer??

"Douglas" wrote in message
news
Hello there

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I have already posted
this
on the bonsai bit, but haven't had any answers.

Last May, I received a Zelkova Scheneidria as a present, and
everything was going fine until about mid December, when the
leaves
started to get fewer and fewer and eventually all fell off.

I decided to wait and see what it would do as I'd heard that
some
types of Bonsai go into dormancy, and I wasn't too sure about
mine
(it didn't mention anything like that in the bumf).

Now that it's the start of April again however, I'm beginning
wonder.

There are a few things I have to mention about what's happened
it, or the way I have treated it through my own lack of
knowledge,
and I now have lots of questions!:

When I first got it, I wasn't too sure exactly where to put it,
and
it was moved around to different places in the house, until,
eventually being placed in a room with a south facing window,
where
the sun could shine directly at it.
It has now ben moved to a better place, but, how much will that
have
affected it??

snip

Trees are not houseplants not even Bonsai. One cannot go away
and expect them to live. Your tree is in all probability dead.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5