Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Klara

Default A snowfall of black cherry blossoms, redbuds, turkeys and all things in Fairy Holler

In message , madgardener
writes
The tornado took my grand mammy's chicken coop, deposited it about a
quarter mile up the road in a neighbor's pasture and only broke three
eggs, missed the house, took part of the barn, driving a board thru
grandpap's favorite sourwood tree. that was when I was about 8 or 9,

Wow, quite a story! Good thing you didn't hide IN the chicken coop, or
we'd have had to call you Dorothy! Good you could face it all though and
come out ok on the other side!

Woke up in the middle of the night: it was strangely bright. Looked out
the window: deep snow everywhere, on the daffodils, the cherry in
blossom, like magic lace on the trees ... at least 4 inches of it! Sadly
it was going by the time I got up at 6, even the tracks were too far
gone to tell what had visited in the night.... Quite a shock for the
baby squirrels that were peeking from the garage roof for the first time
yesterday!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin