Old 10-04-2006, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Frost forecasts

The message

In article ,
"michael adams" writes:

| The danger of frost is often specific to certain
| locations. Even within a matter of a few yards, frost
| pockets can form in hollows, and up against fences and
| other barriers to the free circulation of air.

That phenomenon is relatively rare in the UK, as it applies only
in very still conditions.

I don't think so Nick, though living on the flatlands perhaps you may
not see frostpockets as often as I do. Many gardeners (even in windy
Scotland) with a hillside/sloping/valley garden will be only too
familiar with frost pockets exactly as Michael describes, and they are
very frequently referred to in UK gardening books.

Janet