Old 10-04-2006, 04:13 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Default fast-growing Thuja "Green Giant" trees?

typed:
Anybody in the Austin area attempted to grow Thuja "Green Giant"
trees? I need a privacy screen, fast. TEXDOT bulldozed my
screening oaks in the process of building the new HW130.

Clint

Dirty bastids! Doesn't it seem like HUMANS want to convert everything green
and growing to concrete?? Building, building, building! Our neighborhood
is going to crap, though 'they' have planted a LOT of trees, like a forest
of them, along I-45 this spring. I'm glad, but wondering how that is going
to work out when the trees get big right along the highway.

Sorry, I know nothing about Green Giants except they sell peas.