Old 10-04-2006, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener

Default A snowfall of black cherry blossoms, redbuds, turkeys and all things in Fairy Holler

wow!!! well to make you feel a bit better........Mom's Nature has a
tendency to throw snit fits around here. Last night we had frost
temperatures so that made it a "Redbud Winter", and since the dogwoods are
starting to unfurl, a cold snap will make it a "Dogwood Winter". after
that, the honey Locust trees will be blooming, and a cold snap will make
THAT a "Locust Winter" and last but not least........when the blackberries
in the pastures and along the roadsides and what not are blooming (around
the first part of May unless we have heat waves) and she throws a cold wave,
that will be.......yeppers "Blackberry Winter". after that, tornado season
will be long and well underway, and any cold spells are subject to whatever
we decide to call them LOL

I am posting pictures on the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens if youse wanna
put images to the words......I won't send pictures to anyone but Geoff in
Scotland anymore, but I post them on that newsgroup.
maddie
"Klara" wrote in message
In message , madgardener
writes
The tornado took my grand mammy's chicken coop, deposited it about a
quarter mile up the road in a neighbor's pasture and only broke three
eggs, missed the house, took part of the barn, driving a board thru
grandpap's favorite sourwood tree. that was when I was about 8 or 9,

Wow, quite a story! Good thing you didn't hide IN the chicken coop, or
we'd have had to call you Dorothy! Good you could face it all though and
come out ok on the other side!

Woke up in the middle of the night: it was strangely bright. Looked out
the window: deep snow everywhere, on the daffodils, the cherry in blossom,
like magic lace on the trees ... at least 4 inches of it! Sadly it was
going by the time I got up at 6, even the tracks were too far gone to tell
what had visited in the night.... Quite a shock for the baby squirrels
that were peeking from the garage roof for the first time yesterday!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin