Old 11-04-2006, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Helleborus?

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message

et...
In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message

s.n
et...

Deer no problem so far. I made a mistake on the ISBN should be
0-88192-266-8 . These plants started blooming here about march
1
maybe Feb. 20.

Makes you realize that rebirth is on its way in dark times. Who can
ask for more ?

Witch hazel is another like that. Saw one at Longwood Gardens many
years
ago, making flowers half the size of a dime, with a gorgeous scent in
mid-March.

I have two witch hazels about. That seem to be prone to vole damage so
I have to be vigilant. In a away we are just trying to extend the
bloom. Lovers of beauty. In difficult times it is easier to see.
Once
the glut arrives we may have to throw out our early mistakes.

Being ruthless.

Bill

Voles? Do they climb? The witch hazels I saw were almost 7 feet high.

About the roots asshole.

Bill

Asshole? Hmm. Seems like everyone's drunk tonight. Is this the way you
spoke to your family when they asked you things like "We just made popcorn.
Want some?" Is this why they all left?