Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Ideas for filtration on a small pond

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
A veggie filter is one where, if I understand correctly, you pump the
water into a reservoir packed with plants that take out and feed on the
crud....

Yes. I have one on my 2000g pond and it works well. It's a combination
veggie filter and settling tank. I just let out about 25 gallons of sludge
before getting online. I added some Pickerel weed but it still needs more.
I also have parrots feather in it as it's graceful and hides the sides of
the tank. I have a large pump that does both the filter and the
settling-veggie tank.
--
Koi-Lo.... the ReelMcKoi
Frugal ponding since 1995.