Old 10-04-2006, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Default Ranking the HD & lowes machines

Tim Rogers wrote:
"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

Just for the sake of discussion I thought I'd give my ranking of the lawn
tractors currently at Lowes and HD.

Murray ends up on the bottom even though independent testers call it a
best buy.

And you'll only find them on clearance at HD since Depot dumped them when
Murray went into bankruptcy.
Even though they were bought out by Briggs & Stratton, they couldn't meet
production demands.

Just FYI -
Briggs & Stratton did not have a whole lot of choice there. Murray is a
huge user of B&S engines and likely owed them a pile of money. I think
it was probably a good strategy to try to protect this customer.

--
Art