Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 PM posted to austin.gardening
ceed

Default Blackberries for the Austin area.

From: http://www.texasgrown.com/pages/arti...ativefruit.htm
Southern Dewberry (Rubus trivialis)- Dewberries don't bear as heavily
as named blackberry cultivars but the drought/insect resistance of this
common "bramble" are generally superior. The flavor has terrific
sweet/tart balance with an appealing musky "wildness".

Thanks! Dewberries sounds like something I could try. I am from
Scandinavia and remember how much better the wild raspberries tasted than
the cultivated ones we had in our yard, It sounds like Dewberries have the
same “wild flavor” compared to cultivated Blackberries. How would I go
about getting hold of some plants here in the Austin area? Is this
something a nursery around here would normally stock?

--
//ceed