Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default plant out or pot on ?

Gardening_Convert wrote:
Yep I'm on two waiting lists for allotments but they are so popular now
that I might not even get one this year

We have some across the lane from us and not all are being used. I
think they were originally for people from Ashburton who don't have
gardens, or not very big ones, anyway. In this village, most people
have fair sized gardens so don't need the allotments. But you're right
that using allotments is becoming more and more popular, especially as
people become more health-conscious. Apparently last year, for the
first time, Suttons sold more veg. seeds than flower seeds. I hope
you're successful, though because it's obvious that you'll be in
Seventh Heaven!!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk