Old 11-04-2006, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default Frost forecasts

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message

In most of the UK, frost is associated with wind more often than with
still conditions.

I'd have to disagree with that too!. One of the predictors of night
frost risk that I use in either spring or autumn, is a cloudless night
sky. They are often still, with very little wind, and even after a sunny
warm day the temp can drop like a stone.

Janet (Scotland).

I live quite near Nick, as the crow flies, and I have to agree with
Janet, I look at the sky at night, and a clear, still night is the one
when I get frosts. Last night was a prime example at Norwich.

--
Judith Lea